Flax seeds Dry Chutney, South Indian recipe Herb Seeds Powder chutney:
Hi Friends, today I will introduce you a South Indian Recipe, Flax Seeds dry chutney from my kitchen.
Dry chutney powder usually made with pulses and red chili just got healthier in this all-new way. The traditional South Indian recipe has been tweaked to incorporate flax seeds instead of pulses.
Some cumin seeds have also been added to the formula to make it tastier! With loads of fiber and nutrients, this healthy version of Chutney powder is a wise addition to your diet.
You can mix the Flax seeds Dry Chutney with til oil and serve as an accompaniment for Idly and Dosa, or you can sprinkle some of it over snacks like Uttapam to give a tongue-tickling flavor.
Flax seeds contain omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, fiber, Essential Fatty acids, and other vitamins and mineral which are good for health, hair, and skin. If we have 1 tablespoon Flax seeds daily it will improve our health.
- 1 cup Flax seeds
- 3 whole dry Kashmir red chili, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Put the flax seeds in a small non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep the roasted flax seeds aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the Kashmir red chili for 2 minutes, while tossing occasionally. Keep the roasted chili aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the cumin seeds for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine all the ingredients along with salt in a mixer and blend till coarse without using any water.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Use as required.
Try the recipe and Let me know how you like it in comments, Thank you