Palak Paneer: How to make Palak Paneer
Hello, friends today I want to show How to make Palak Paneer. Palak Paneer is one of North India’s most popular dish, well for that matter anything that has paneer in it is a hit in India. It is one of the most popular Indian curries and cooked throughout the world. Palak paneer can be enjoyed with roti/chapati, plain paratha, naan or Jeera rice or Pulao. If you go to Indian restaurants you will probably find 3-4 varieties of paneer on the menu, without doubt, paneer is India’s most fancy vegetable.
Paneer is cottage cheese which is made by curdling the milk, draining the excess liquid and then letting the cheese set by putting weight on it for three to four hours. Earlier I used to get it from the store but now I make it at home – it’s soft, fresh and organic! So, I love to make it at home with my own hands using organic milk.
In Palak Paneer, spinach(Palak) is blanched and made a Palak puree. It is then cooked with spices and cooked on low heat with paneer. fresh cream is added to cut down on the bitterness of the spinach, but you can also use milk or yogurt instead.
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
For the Palak puree:
- Spinach(Palak) 1 bunch
- Green chili 1
- Garlic cloves 1
- Ginger 1 inch
For the Palak Paneer curry:
- Paneer cubes 200gms (cut into cubes)
- Clarified butter/oil – 2 Teaspoon
- Bay leaf -1
- Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Onion, 1 finely chopped
- Tomato, 1 finely chopped
- Garlic cloves, 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder ½ Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream
Preparation method of Palak Paneer
- (1 cup =255 ml)
Making the Palak puree:
- Boil water and add the bunch of Palak (Spinach) separating stems.
- Once the Palak (Spinach) changes its color immediately add the Palak containing ice cold water.
- Now blend the boiled Palak (Spinach) adding ginger, garlic, and green chili to prepare Palak (Spinach) pure
- Keep the Palak (Spinach) puree aside.
making the Palak Paneer gravy:
- Heat clarified butter/ oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Now reduce the heat then add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt cook it for 2 min in low heat
- Make the heat to medium and add the finely chopped onions and garlic, and also add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Finally, add the Palak pure and stir well.
- Add water as required adjusting the consistency how much thick the gravy you wish to be.
- On low heat cook for 5 minutes. Palak has to cook and thicken.
- While the Palak gravy is cooking take another pan and add some clarified butter/ oil and fry paneer cubes until golden brown color.
- Now stir well the gravy and add fried paneer cubes/ Tofu if you are vegan.
- And also add garam masala powder and cook for a minute or 2.
- Finally, add a Teaspoon or more fresh cream and also drizzle a few drops of lemon juice before serving Palak paneer
- serve the Palak Paneer with roti, chapati, paratha or Naan.
You may also like
- Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Stuffed potato
Note: If you are liking my blog you may also like my YouTube channel Please check it out Here
So, friends try this delicious Indian recipe Palak Paneer and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….