Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
Hello, Friends welcome to Follow steps I’m your host, Siri, today we will see how to cook Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper. Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper – Classic stuffed bell pepper given a Mexican makeover with corn, cooked onions, and Mexican cheese. This meal has all of my favorite characteristics: it’s healthy, it’s plant-based with vibrant vegetables, and has bold flavor.
I made these stuffed peppers in my kitchen. The best way to turn someone off of healthy eating is to serve them bland, boring food. These Vegan Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers are anything good. They are bursting with my favorite Mexican flavors and can be made as spicy as you like. The Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper can be prepared ahead for the parties and grilled only when you are ready to serve.
So, friends let’s see the Ingredients and Preparation method
Ingredients of Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
- 4 large green bell peppers – tops, seeds, and membranes removed
- salt – 1 tablespoon (to boil peppers)
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- cooked rice – 2 cups
- corn – 1 cup
- black beans – 1 cup( you can even use the canned)
- diced tomatoes – 1 cup
- chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- garlic salt – 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cilantro for garnishing
Preparation method of Mexican stuffed Bell pepper:
Start with four large bell peppers and cut them. I found that half cooking them in water. It half worked great for me to get the peppers perfectly tender. Eating them this way is easier, also.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water and add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and bring it to boil; cook green bell peppers in the boiling water until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the execs water.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; cook onion in the hot oil until softened and transparent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prep your stuffing mixture, which is a lovely mix of rice, cooked corn, tomatoes, black beans and cooked onion in a large bowl. Add chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir until evenly mixed.
- Now fold 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend into rice mixture. Spoon rice mixture into each bell pepper; arrange peppers in baking dish. Sprinkle peppers with remaining Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- When it is done bring the Mexican stuffed bell pepper out and garnish it with cilantro.
- Finally, Mexican stuffed bell pepper is ready to serve hot.
Tip: You can also cook it in cooker pot, but it is a slow cooking process it will take time of three hours.
You may also like
- Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Vermicelli Dessert Recipe
- Vegetable Biryani
So, friends Delicious Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe step by step try this and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….