How to make delicious Malai Kofta Recipe
Hello, friends today I want to show How to make Malai Kofta Recipe. Malai Kofta Recipe is a classic North Indian staple dish. Malai Kofta is veg Kofta. Koftas added into a richly flavored tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silky gravy which is served as a great side dish for Rice, Rotis or Pulaos.
Today Let’s see Malai kofta curry recipe with step by step procedure. malai kofta is a traditional Punjabi gravy recipe which is prepared in most of the Punjabi and north Indian houses. this gravy is an amazing side dish for tandoori roti and tandoori naan. this curry can be served with jeera rice or even with saffron rice or pulao too.
Ingredients used in Malai Kofta Recipe:
- Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon.
- Mix vegetable (grated) – 1 cup.
- Potato (grated boiled) – 1 cup.
- Paneer (grated) – 1 cup.
- Bread Crums – half cup (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoons.
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon.
- Cream – 1/2 cup.
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon.
- Cilantro (chopped) – 1/4 bunch.
- Green chili – 3.
- Onion (chopped) – 2.
- Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon.
- Salt – to taste.
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch.
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Tomato – 2.
- Cashew powder – 3 tablespoons
- Nuts – 20 grams.
- Black Cumin – 1 teaspoon
Preparation of Malai Kofta Recipe
- Take a bowl and add boiled and peeled potatoes, grated mixed vegetables, grated Paneer cumin powder, and salt, this mix should the consistency of dough. The resulting dough should be firm. If not add some bread crumbs (only if you mess up).
- Make this dough into balls and put 1/2 a tsp of the nuts and mix in the center of each ball. Roll into perfect rounds. Coat it with some cornflour or all-purpose flour.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the koftas on a medium flame till pale golden color.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels and keep aside.
For the gravy:
- Heat the deep pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it when the oil is hot fry the onions until light brown and keep it aside let it cool.
- In a blending jar add fried onions the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger garlic and blend to make a puree.
- Now Heat the oil in a deep pan on medium-high. When the oil is hot add black cumin seed to the oil.
- Then Add the asafoetida for a minute. Lower the heat, add the other spices coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, and cashew powder. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Now Add the onion-tomato puree, increase the heat to medium cook until the onion, tomato mixture starts leaving the oil.
- Now add the garam masala and mix it well and cook it for a minute
- Add 1 cup of warm water (the sauce for this dish is meant to be thick so do not add too much water) to this masala to form a sauce/gravy. Mix well. Season with salt. when it comes to boil reduce the heat to low and let the gravy cook for few minutes.
- Note: if you don’t like very thick gravy adjust the thickness of the gravy to your taste by adjusting the water.
- Add cream save about 1 tablespoon for garnishing and cook for another minute.
- Note: If you don’t have cream add little milk and mix fast without curdling and add finely grated paneer that will give good creamy texture.
- Reduce the heat to a low and gently add the Malai kofta to gravy mix once
- Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh cream and the chopped cilantro.
- Finally, the Malai Kofta curry is ready.
- Serve hot with naan or roti or rice as per your wish
You may also like:
- How to make Palak Kofta.
- Cabbage Kofta
- Palak Paneer
- Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Stuffed potato
Note: If you are liking my blog you may also like my YouTube channel Please check it out Here
So, friends try this delicious Indian recipe Malai Kofta Recipe and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….