How to make Palak Kofta
Hello, friends today I want to show How to make Palak Kofta. Palak Kofta is one of North India’s most popular dish. Palak Kofta curry is an exotic gravy-based dish. These spinach and potato koftas (also known as dumplings) are simmered in rich creamy tomato gravy making this a very delicious dish. Spinach kofta can be served with any Indian flat bread like Roti, Naan, Paratha, or with plain white rice. This will be enjoyed by everyone.
Palak Kofta Curry is a delicious, creamy curry dish. Crispy spinach cutlets served in a tomato based creamy gravy makes it a rich main course dish. It can be served with hot naan and steamed rice. Learn how to make this exquisite curry dish with the help of step by step method and detailed recipe given below.
So, Friends lets get started:
Ingredients for Palak Kofta:
- 2 cups spinach finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups potatoes boiled, peeled and mash
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/4 cup water
- Also needed Oil to deep fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons cashew powder
- 2 cups tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 green chili chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1-1/2 cups of water
Method for Palak Kofta
- Mix all the ingredients for kofta spinach, potatoes, cumin seeds, and salt, this mix should the consistency of dough. Notes: spinach should be pat dry and potatoes should be firm not overcook. Otherwise, the mix will be very soft and will not hold the shape after adding to the gravy.
- Take the oil in hand and make the round balls.
- Make the batter add the water slowly as needed in the besan, batter should be very smooth no lumps. It should be pouring consistency.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Frying pan should have oil for deep fry. Oil should be moderately hot. To check if the oil is ready, put small piece of mix in the oil, oil should sizzle.
- Dip the spinach balls in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan. Fry koftas until golden-brown all around. Turn them occasionally. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Blend the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger to make a puree.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium-high. When the oil is hot add cumin seed to the oil.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds stir for a minute. Lower the heat to low, add the other spices coriander powder, turmeric, salt sugar, turmeric, and cashew powder. Stir-fry for a minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, increase the heat to medium cook until the tomato mixture starts leaving the oil.
- Now add the garam masala and mix it well and cook it for a minute
- Add cream save about 1 tablespoon for garnishing and cook for another minute.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of water, as it comes to boil reduce the heat to low and let the gravy cook for few minutes.
- Note: adjust the thickness of the gravy to your taste by adjusting the water.
- Add the prepared koftas and let it cook on simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh cream and the chopped cilantro.
- Finally, the Palak Kofta curry is ready.
- Serve hot with naan or roti or rice as per your wish
You may also like
- Palak Paneer
- Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Stuffed potato
Note: If you are liking my blog you may also like my YouTube channel Please check it out Here
So, friends try this delicious Indian recipe Palak Kofta and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….