How to cook Delicious Chicken 65 step by step
Hello, friends today I will introduce you a chicken 65 recipe from my kitchen. Chicken 65 – Delicious deep-fried chicken marinated in yogurt along with assorted herbs and spices and tempered with red chilies, mustard seeds, and fresh curry leaves – I am sure this description is enough to make you crave for this awesome starter.
Chicken 65 – Delicious, juicy, deep fried spicy piece of chicken meat bursting with the flavor of chilly and curry leaves is one of the most popular starters on an Indian restaurant menu. How the name chicken 65 come? Some say it has to do with the fact that it is 65th Dish number in the menu of the military canteen in Chennai and some say 65 was the number of spices or chilies used. Rest assured, chicken 65 by any other name would be just as scintillating, fiery and hot. Regardless of the thousand stories I simply feel it’s delicious every single time I taste. There exist many versions of this dish, and today I am posting Restaurant style-dry version.
Well, stories apart let’s take a look at how you whip up this quick dish in no time. Give a try, they’ll be sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Enjoy!
Ingredients of Chicken 65
- Boneless chicken cut into 1½ inch cubes 450 grams
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Rice flour 2 tablespoons
- Oil 6 tablespoons
- Curry leaf
- Dried red chili peppers 4
- Ginger 2-inch pieces
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Cilantro seeds 2 tablespoons
- Black peppercorns 12-15
- Salt to taste
- Red food color (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro (for garnish)
- Green Chilies (for garnish)
Preparation of Chicken 65:
- Grind Chilies, Ginger, Garlic, Coriander seeds to a fine paste. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, rice flour, salt and two tablespoons oil into the ground masala paste.
- also, mix in Curry leaves as well. Coat the chicken with the paste just made and marinate for an hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Start by adding the chicken pieces in small batches and stir-fry over high heat for a minute or two. occasionally keep Toss continuously.
- Also, add another batch of the chicken and repeat, be sure to continue tossing the chicken and not let it burn or stick to the pan.
- Lower heat once all the chicken has been added.
- Turn the pieces frequently, coating with the remaining masala. Cook till the chicken turns crispy on the outside, but moist and soft on the inside. Do not overcook.
- Finally, Adjust salt, add the remaining curry leaves toss well and remove. Garnish with fresh cilantro, green chilies and serve hot.
- Finally, Serve with a wedge of lemon and raw onion rings.
So, friends try this delicious recipe and let me know your valuable comments in comment section. If you like this recipe please share with your friends and family.
Be Healthy Be Happy…