Lemon Essential Oil Benefits, uses and safety
Hi, Friends today we will see about lemon essential oil. The health benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep inducing, and anti-fungal properties. The benefits of lemon Essential oil include its ability to treat stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, obesity, insomnia, skin disorders, hair conditions, stomach problems, and tiredness.
Lemons are one of the most popular citrus fruits in the world and are widely used for culinary purposes since they are a good source of vitamins and aid in digestion. It also adds a pleasant taste and aroma to food. Furthermore, lemon juice is one of the most popular drinks in the world as it is very healthy, delicious, and inexpensive.
Health Benefits of Lemon Oil
- Lemon oil is a good remedy for increasing the luster of dull skin. It is astringent and detoxifying in nature and rejuvenates sagging or tired-looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders. Lemon is also recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin.
- It is believed that lemons are also useful for treating asthma, since inhaling the aroma of lemons can clear the nasal passages and sinuses, promoting good air flow and steady breathing.
- Health benefits of lemon oil include providing relief from sleeplessness. Using this oil ensures good sleep and helps people that suffer from insomnia.
- Since lemon oil is carminative, it is used in the treatment of various stomach problems, including indigestion, acidity, upset stomach, and cramps.
- Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use this oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. We can also use to eliminate dandruff.
- Lemon juice is very helpful in reducing weight, and satisfying appetite to reduce the chance of overeating.
- Lemon oil is effective against infectious diseases such as fever, malaria, and typhoid.
- Lemon oil is calming in nature and therefore helps in removing mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness and nervous tension. It has the ability to refresh the mind by creating a positive mindset and removing negative emotions. Lemon oil is also believed that inhaling this oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness. We can, therefore, use as a room freshener in offices to increase the efficiency of the employees.
- Lemon oil has a high vitamin content, which makes it a wonderful booster for the body’s immune system. It further stimulates white blood cells, thus increasing your ability to fight off diseases. It also improves circulation throughout the body.
For Home Benefits
- Lemon is a good cleaner, which is why it is used for cleansing the body, metal surfaces, dishes, and clothes. It is also a disinfectant, so it is commonly used for cleaning surfaces such as butcher’s knives and blocks that can get contaminated very easily.
- Lemon oil has a distinctly refreshing aroma which makes it a good ingredient for perfumes. Many scented candles contain lemon oil, and we can also use in potpourris.
Soaps and cosmetics:
- Lemon juice and lemon essential oil are both used in soaps, face washes and much other personal care and skin care cosmetics due to its antiseptic quality.
- We can use Lemon oil in various artificial drink concentrates to give them the taste of lemon juice.
Top 10 ways to use Lemon Essential Oil
- Diffuse a few drops each morning for an energizing start to the day.
- Add a few drops to a homemade lemon sugar scrub for a yummy smelling treat for your skin.
- Add it to your conditioner for an aromatic treat that smooths and shines the look of your hair.
- Rub on elbows for unsurpassed Summertime smoothness.
- Rub lemon oil on your heels to get your feet ready for sandal season
- Apply topically to areas that need improved circulation.
- Forgot a load of laundry overnight? Add a few drops to the wash cycle and your clothes will smell so fresh and so clean without wasting detergent.
- Degrease your pots, pans, sink and more by adding a few drops to your dish water.
- Add to your dishwasher rinse cycle for a spotless shine on your dishes.
- Remove that perma-stink from your dish clothes by soaking them in vinegar and lemon oil overnight then running through the laundry.
OIL SAFETY AND INTERACTIONS
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it.
- Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
- Do not use lemon oil in plastic or Styrofoam containers because it will dissolve plastics since it is a very effective solvent. I don’t mind using lemon oil in plastic spray bottles for cleaning solutions to wipe down my counters or in my laundry, but I don’t use plastic + lemon oil for anything that I plan to ingest. Always glass.
- Do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
- Because some citrus oils like Lemon can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying to exposed skin before spending time outside. Photosensitivity means that it can increase your skin’s sensitivity to sunlight, making it easily red or irritated.
So, friends let me know your suggestions and how you use essential oils in Comments section.
Be Happy Be Healthy…