Lavender Essential oil Benefits, Uses and Precautions
Hi Friends, Lavender indispensable oil is the essential oil which comes first in Essential oils Family, so let’s see the uses and benefits of the Lavender essential oil.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. So, It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender oil is a great beginner oil and a must for every home.
Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
Lavender Essential oil may help:
- Calm the body & mind
- Support sleep
- soothe & cleanse cuts, burns, & skin irritation
- Cold sores
Everyday Uses for Lavender Oil:
- Sleep! Place a few drops on pillow-cover, the bottom of feet, wrists, or behind the neck to get a restful night’s sleep. Or diffuse in the bedroom during the night.
- Put 5 or 6 drops in bath water to relax or soothe muscles
- use topically to take the itch and sting out of bug bites, bee stings, and cuts.
- Apply topically to burns, rashes, or irritated skin.
- Combine with lemon and peppermint in water and drink to alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Inhale to calm your mood or reduce stress.
- Combine with coconut oil and apply to help lessen the appearance of scars or stretch marks.
- Apply a few drops diluted around eye sockets to treat eye infections.
- Also, use in baking or cooking for flavor.
All Purpose Cleaner:
- Lavender oil contains over 200 natural antiseptic compounds, so use this mixture to wipe over most lightly soiled or dusty surfaces.
- 1 teaspoon of lavender oil in 1 liter of water.
- The Lavender oil will make your house smell divine.
- Add 15 drops to a spray bottle of water and mist legs to relieve stress before going to bed.
- Take a drop of Pure Lavender Essential Oil and apply to acne or pimples. It should heal within 2-3 days.
Hair Growth and Dandruff
- Use Lavender Essential Oil to Massage your Scalp by mixing 5-8 Drops with 1 Tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil. It stimulates New Hair Growth and controls Dandruff.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
Comfort for a painful ear
- Add a few drops of essential oil to some olive oil and warm it slightly. Using an eye dropper, place a few drops into the ear or gently rub a few drops onto the outer ear several times a day.
- Of course, if the symptoms last longer than a couple of days or the pain intensifies, see your Doctor.
- Mix 3-5 Drops of Pure Lavender Essential Oil with 1 Tsp. Virgin Coconut or any other Carrier Oil and rub it on the affected area.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Children: Applying products to the skin that contain lavender oil is POSSIBLY UNSAFE for young boys who have not yet reached puberty. Lavender oil seems to have hormone effects that could disrupt the normal hormones in a boy’s body. In some cases, this has resulted in boys developing abnormal breast growth called gynecomastia. The safety of these products, when used by young girls, is not known.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking lavender if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Surgery: Lavender might slow down the central nervous system. If used in combination with anesthesia and other medications given during and after surgery, also it might slow down the central nervous system too much. Stop using lavender at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
NOTE: Use 100% organic oil and amount of 4-5 drops once if any irritation occurs consult the doctor.
Please let me know your comments and suggestions
Be Safe Be Happy…