Easy Kulfi Recipe
Hello, Lovely people, today we will see the Kulfi Recipe. Kulfis is a popular frozen dairy dessert from the Indian subcontinent. It is often described as “traditional Indian ice cream.” It is popular throughout India and widely available in Indian restaurants.
As popularly understood, Kulfi has similarities to ice cream in appearance and taste; however, it is denser and creamier. It comes in various flavors. The more traditional ones are cream, rose, mango, cardamom, saffron, and pistachio.
Special equipment: You will need freezer pop molds for this recipe. We used these molds, but any kind will work. If yours don’t come with sticks that attach securely, you can buy wooden sticks.
if you click the link and buy the product I will get the small commission
Ingredients for Kulfi:
- whole milk – 2 1/2 cups
- can sweetened condensed milk – 1 (14-ounce)
- cornstarch – 1 tablespoon
- water – 1 tablespoon
- ground cardamom – 1 teaspoon
- Pinch saffron
- roasted, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped – 1/2 cup
Preparation of Kulfi:
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Place the whole milk and condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking frequently, until the mixture begins to steam but does not come to a boil, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir until incorporated and the cornstarch has dissolved.
- When the milk mixture is ready, whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a spoon or rubber spatula until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cardamom and saffron.
- Pour the mixture through the strainer and discard the contents of the strainer. Stir in the pistachios and then fill the pop molds halfway with the mixture. Freeze until almost solid, about 2 hours.
- Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the remaining kulfi mixture to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate while the pops are in the freezer.
- Finally, After 2 hours, remove the remaining kulfi mixture from the refrigerator and stir to reincorporate the pistachios.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and divide the rest of the mixture among them.
- Insert the sticks and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours.
You also like
So, friends Delicious Kulfi procedure Step by step try this and let me know your comments in the comment section. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….