How to cook Easy and Delicious Carrot Halwa
Hello, friends today I want to share one of my favorite sweet Carrot Halwa Recipe. Carrot halwa is also Known as Gajar ka halwa. Carrot Halwa is a sweet dessert pudding originating from the Indian subcontinent, associated mainly with North India It is made by placing the grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk, and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and cashews. The nuts and Raisin fried in the ghee or clarified Butter.
Carrot halwa is something no one can say no to. But it takes much time to cook. But today I will share the simple carrot halwa recipe which will take less time to make it and serve it hot.
Ingredients of Carrot Halwa
- Carrots – 2 cups (4 carrots)
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee or Unsalted Butter – 2 Tablespoon.
- Nuts & Raisins – 1/4 cup (Almonds &/ Cashews)
- Cardamom – 2 (crushed or use 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder)
- Wash and peel the carrots and grate them or grind them. Grating leaves some texture to the carrot at the end but grinding is equally good too.
- Heat the 1Tablespoon Ghee or Butter in a small pan and fry the nuts and raisins in it.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and add the carrot to it.
- Cover and cook it on medium flame, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- After about 15-20 minutes, when all the milk is absorbed by the carrot, add sugar and stir continuously.
- After about 8 minutes the oil starts getting separated from the halwa. At this stage add cardamom powder, fried nuts, and raisins and 1 Tablespoon ghee.
- Mix for another minute and switch off.
- To make cardamom powder, grind it with a little sugar to get a fine powder.
You may also like
So, friends Easy and Delicious Carrot Halwa Step by step try this and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….