How to cook Delicious Tandoori Chicken
Hello, friends today I will introduce you How to cook Delicious Tandoori Chicken leg pieces? Tandoori Chicken is something that has pretty much put India on the global food, several years ago! Chicken pieces marinated in yogurt and powdered spices, grilled in a clay pot tandoor till the outside is beautifully charred and the meat is juicy, succulent and falls off the bone. Any Punjabi, for that matter anyone who has tasted it will sing enough praises of it to make your mouth water. Instead of being basted with plenty of butter as it is traditionally done this recipe is a healthier but equally tasty olive version. It is the perfect starter to a North Indian meal.
So, friends lets see the Ingredients and Preparation of Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken
- Whole Chicken leg pieces – 10
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Ginger paste – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil to baste – 2 tablespoons
- Chat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Preparation of Tandoori Chicken
- Make small cuts with a sharp knife on the chicken leg pieces.
- Apply a mixture one teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, one tablespoon lemon juice and salt over the chicken and set aside for half an hour.
- For the marinade, tie up yogurt in a piece of muslin and hang over a bowl for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Remove the thick yogurt into a bowl. Add the remaining Kashmiri red chili powder, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, remaining lemon juice, garam masala powder and two tablespoons olive oil.
- Rub this mixture over the chicken leg pieces and marinate for three to four hours in a refrigerator.
- Thread the chicken leg pieces onto a skewer and cook in a moderately hot tandoor (clay oven) or in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until almost done.
- Baste chicken leg pieces with a little oil and cook for another four minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Finally, cook in broil for 5 to 10 minutes
- Sprinkle chaat masala powder and serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.
So, friends Delicious Tandoori Chicken recipe try this and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….