How to Cook Chicken Dum Biryani – Hyderabad Dum Biryani
Hello, friends today we will prepare Chicken Dum Biriani or Hyderabadi Dum Biryani. It is the world famous dish from India. This non-vegetarian delicacy is an authentic rice preparation which is a meal in itself.
Coupled with flavors of spices delicately combined with rice and chicken makes an aromatic combination that is hard to resist. How to make this Biryani recipe? This rice dish has two major ingredients – chicken and basmati rice. The rest is playing around with ingredients and spice mix to create this flavourful delight.
It is liked by locals and tourists alike in Hyderabad. While people might go all the way to Hyderabad to relish this dish, you can make this in your own kitchen in no time.
So, friends the Chicken Dum Biryani which I am sharing today is a very delicious recipe and the steps are so easy to follow let’s look into its procedure and ingredients.
Ingredients For Chicken Dum Biryani:
ingredients For Chicken Marinade:
- Chicken – 400 gm (boneless)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 Table spoon
- Red chili powder – 2 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 Tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cilantro – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1 bunch
- Green chilies – 7 – 8
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Cardamoms – 3 to 4
- Black pepper corns – 3 to 4
- Fried golden brown onions – 2 cups
- Yogurt – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 Table spoon
- Lemon juice – 1 Table spoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 Tea spoon
ingredients For the Rice:
- Water for boiling
- Basmati rice – 500 gm
- Cloves – 2 to 3
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cardamoms – 2 to 3
- black pepper powder – 1 Tea spoon
- Lemon juice – 1 Table spoon
- Salt – to taste
ingredients For Dum Seasoning:
- Oil – 2 Table spoon
- Cilantro- 2 Table spoon
- mint leaves – 2 Table spoon
- fried onions – 2 Table spoon
- 1 Table spoon lemon juice
- saffron flavored milk – 1/2 cup (Optional)
- ghee – 1 Table spoon
- 1 cup water
- Aluminium foil
ingredients For Garnishing:
- Fried onions
- Chopped Cilantro
Procedure For Chicken Dum Biryani:
Procedure For The Chicken Marinade:
- Wash the chicken pieces well with lemon juice and water and strain the chicken completely.
- Now add ginger garlic paste into it.
- Also add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- In a blender add a bunch of Cilantro, a bunch of mint leaves, green chilies, add a pinch of salt and make the paste called as the green paste.
- Now add the green paste to the chicken marinade.
- Add whole garam masala that is cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper corns.
- Mix the whole mixture well.
- Crush the onions and add to the marinade.
- Also, add beaten yogurt and mix well.
- And also add oil to the marinade and mix well.
- Add garam masala powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- Also, Check the taste for salt and add if required.
- Rest this marinade inside the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Procedure To Cook The Rice:
- Firstly, wash the basmati rice and soak it for about 35 minutes.
- Take a cooking pan, and add water generously into it.
- Into the water, add salt as per taste, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper powder, cardamoms.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, now add the soaked rice into it.
- Cook the rice for about 6 – 7 minutes until it is three-fourth done.
- Finally, strain the rice completely and rest the strained rice aside.
Procedure To Give The Dum:
- In a cooking pan, to the base add oil and spill it all over the base.
- Now add the chicken marinade into it and spread it evenly.
- And also add the rice which has been cooked into it.
- Spread the rice evenly all over the marinade.
- Season the rice with coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onions.
- And also add lemon juice all over the rice.
- Add saffron flavored milk (2 saffron strands added into the ¼th cup of milk to get orange red color).
- Now add ghee into it.
- Also, add little water all over the rice(optional).
- Cover the pan with aluminum Foil and then cover with lid.
- Switch on the flame put the cooking pan onto the flame.
- Dum the biryani on sim flame for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes off the flame and leave it for 5 to ten minutes.
- Finally, Chicken Biryani is ready to serve hot.
- Garnish the chicken dum biryani with fried onions and Cilantro.
- Serve the lip smacking biryani on a serving plate.
- Also, it can be garnished with mint leaves.
- And also serve it with lemon slices and raw onion rings.
So, friends Delicious chicken fry Recipe try this and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….