Cabbage kofta recipe
Koftas are fried dumplings which can be made from different vegetables like bottle gourd, carrots, potatoes or even mixed vegetables. Today’s dish is with cabbage(Cabbage Kofta)
It is quick and easy to make tasty cabbage kofta recipe made with grated cabbage, gram flour and simple ingredients which are easily available in our kitchen.
Cabbage koftas are a wonderful treat to everyday lunch or dinner meal.
This dish looks so colorful and appetizing that even the people who think that cabbage is such a boring vegetable and don’t like to eat cabbage curry will be tempted to taste it.
You will definitely love the taste of this cabbage, the taste is absolutely different from the normal cabbage curry !!!!!
Cabbage kofta can be served with Roti, Paratha, Naan and It also goes well with steamed rice or jeera rice.
required for Cabbage Kofta and Gravy/sauce/ curry
For the Cabbage kofta Dumplings:
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup gram flour or as needed
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon chopped cilantro (coriander leaf)
- shredded ginger – 1 teaspoon
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- oil to deep fry
For the Curry/Sauce/Gravy:
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili
- 2 teaspoon plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 9-10 cashew (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Detail process for cooking cabbage kofta
Preparing the cabbage kofta Dumplings:
- In a mixing bowl take the shredded cabbage, cumin seeds, cilantro (coriander leaf), ginger, green chili, turmeric, garam masala, and salt, mix it.
- Now add gram flour and mix it well. Keep the mixer aside for 20 – 25 mins. The kofta mixture would have become moist as the cabbage would release its juices.
- If the mixture looks dry, then you can add some water. If it’s too moist and batter like, then no need to add any water.
- Heat oil for deep frying the cabbage koftas in a pan. Make small balls of batter and fry the koftas until they turn golden-brown all around.
- Finally, Drain the cabbage kofta’s on paper towels to remove excess oil and keep aside.
preparing masala paste for curry:
- In a grinding jar add the tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, and garlic, grind it into a smooth paste(do not add water).
- Take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now take the soaked cashews in the grinding jar and grind into a smooth paste (add a little water if required).
- Also, take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry it till it turns golden brown on medium flame, now add chopped green chili, asafetida. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Reduce the flame to low, add the tomato paste and cook it for few seconds, and also add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, and cook on medium flame until the tomato mixture starts leaving the oil and reduces to about half in quantity.
- Also, add cashews paste, mix it properly and cook for a minute.
- Next, add yogurt and cook for another minute.
- Add about 1½ cups of water and the salt. As it comes to boil reduce the flame to medium-low and let the gravy cook for another 3 minutes.
- Note: adjust the thickness of the gravy to your taste by adjusting the water.
- Add the prepared koftas and let it cook on low flame for another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Finally Turn off the flame and garnish with cilantro.
- The cabbage kofta is ready to serve hot.
You may also like:
- Palak Kofta
- Palak Paneer
- Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
- Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Stuffed potato
Note: If you are liking my blog you may also like my YouTube channel Please check it out Here
So, friends try this delicious Indian recipe cabbage Kofta and let me know your comments. If you like the post share with your friends and family.
Be Happy Be Healthy….